UPDATES Sign up to receive periodic updates from the Student Experience Research Network.
Chandra Muller is Alma Cowden Madden Professor of Sociology at the University of Texas at Austin. Dr. Muller earned a Ph.D. in Sociology from the University of Chicago. Her research focuses on inequality in schools and effects across the life cycle. In particular, she focuses on STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) preparation and careers. Of primary interest is the diversity in experiences and disparities according to gender, race and ethnicity, social class, as well as disability, immigration or language minority status. She has several large-scale studies that involve collecting, producing, and analyzing national longitudinal databases to study the roles of education in work, family, and health from adolescent through midlife.
Visit our library to view Chandra Muller's papers related to learning mindsets.
- A national experiment reveals where a growth mindset improves achievement
- Impact of a growth mindset intervention on key predictors of academic success in a nationally representative sample
- Relationships between mindsets, socioeconomic status, and academic achievement
- Student Experience Research Network’s portfolio of research on mindsets and the learning environment
- Press release: Results from the National Study of Learning Mindsets
- Lessons from the first round of the Mindsets & the Learning Environment Initiative